Sciton BroadBand Light (BBL) is a groundbreaking technology which is setting a new standard for safe and effective skin rejuvenation. A study conducted by Stanford Univeristy’s Dr. Anne Lynn S. Chang showed that Sciton BBL treatments change the expression of genes associated with aging to provide a functional, rather than just cosmetic, change to the skin to promote a more youthful appearance.
What It’s Used For
Sciton BBL Corrective and BBL Forever Young can be used anywhere on the body to address a variety of skin concerns, including:
- Freckles and age/sun spots
- Small blood vessels and rosacea
- Aging Skin
- Loss of firmness
How It Works:
As the most powerful Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) device currently available, Sciton BBL will gently heat the upper layer of your skin to cause regeneration of your skin cells. It can be safely used on any area of the body and has been proven to increase collagen production.
How Many Treatments You’ll Need
Dr. Viggiano will work with you to develop a treatment plan to match your skin type and your desired results. Typically, for first time use, at least three Sciton BBL Corrective visits are scheduled and followed up with periodic Sciton BBL Forever Young treatments to maintain results. With regular treatments, your skin will look younger, clearer and healthier.
What to Expect After Treatment
Most people return to normal activities immediately after treatment. You may experience mild peeling and redness for about 4 days after treatment, similar to a sunburn. You’ll want to avoid sun exposure before and after treatment.
Know Before You Go
- Stop the use of topical retinol one week prior to treatment.
- Do NOT have a tan. Avoid sun exposure for four weeks prior to treatment. Keep in mind that any improvement from Sciton BBL will be lost if you expose your skin to the sun.
- You must wait 6 months after completing a course of Isotretinoin (Zenatane, Myorisan, Claravis, Amnesteem, Absorica, Accutane).
- Treatment is not advised if you have a history of migraines or seizures caused by bright lights, an active infection, compromised immune system or are pregnant
Is it Safe?
Yes. The treatment is gentle, noninvasive, and safe for people with untanned, light skin. If you have a tan or a lot of melanin in your skin, Dr. Viggiano may recommend alternative treatment options, such as a chemical peels or microneedling.
Learn More About BBL Corrective & BBL Forever Young